D I S C L A I M E R

Although I write about products and techniques, I don't receive compensation of any kind from anybody. The products that I write about work for me in my setting as an artist.

Friday, December 25, 2009

June 2008 - Ready to erect the walls




In these photos Melissa & I have built the foundation, the floor and have assembled the exterior walls. (There are no interior walls) Some friends will help us lift the walls from the horizontal to the vertical - similar to the "old time" barn raisings I've read about. Luckily the day wasn't windy and we were able to put up the walls in a very short time and NOT a lot of effort.  AND nobody got hurt!  An air powered framing nail-gun made the job of assembling this studio almost a snap.  If only I could learn how to use a tape measure.  There is a saying "measure twice, cut once".  I measure three or four times and still cut more than once - or start over with a new board! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm hoping that you have some opinion about this entry. Please let me know by leaving a comment! Thanks.