D I S C L A I M E R

Although I write about products and techniques, I don't receive compensation of any kind from anybody. The products that I write about work for me in my setting as an artist.

Saturday, December 26, 2009

August 20, 2008 - putting in the windows,the door and the path










These photos show the windows and door already installed. With the roofing completed and the windows and the door installed the building is "weather tight". The inside of the studio is high and dry if it rains now. Now the next "major" project is having the electrical wiring installed. The electrician will connect the power to the house main "fuse" box. We can do that because the studio won't require anything except 110v electricity. No 220v.

The tyvec wrap could be damaged if a high wind were to blow, but we plan to have the vinyl siding installed soon by professionals.

While we were building my studio we were also building a deck in the back yard. That's what I'm doing in the picture on the left. The picture on the right shows the stone walk from the deck edge to the porch of my studio. I guess that a "rolling stone gathers no moss" holds true for us. :-)

The black stuff around the windows (and door if you could see it well) is tar paper arranged in layers so that any water that gets behind the siding (to be installed) will run down the wall and out the bottom of the exterior wall. The horizontal bottom piece is installed first then the vertical side piecess. The bottom of the veritiacl side pieces overlap the bottom piece. Lastly the horizontal top piece overlaps the side pieces. All of these pieces overlap flanges or flaps on the window assembly.

The internet has many "articles" and videos on how to install a new vinyl window into a wall opening.

2 comments:

  1. Those windows and door looks well installed. Nice to know that you still have time to fix your house. Some people are too busy with work that's why they just leave it to the experts of door and window services which is just a click away for inquiries and free estimates.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for dropping by my studio blog. We had to do almost all of the work ourselves so I didn't want to have to repair anything in a few years.

    ReplyDelete

I'm hoping that you have some opinion about this entry. Please let me know by leaving a comment! Thanks.