D I S C L A I M E R

Although I write about products and techniques, I don't receive compensation of any kind from anybody. The products that I write about work for me in my setting as an artist.

Friday, December 25, 2009

July 28 2008 - the tyvek wrap goes around the vertical (wall) surfaces




We have wrapped the outside of the building with Tyvek wrap. It comes in 9 foot by 150' rolls. In these photos the roll of tyvek house wrap is leaning against the back of the house. The wrapping is BEST if it's done in one piece, but it isn't possible as the gable end of the building is 13 feet from the sole (floor) to the tip of the gable. So, we used the special tape made for this purpose. Very thin and very sticky!

After the building is wrapped we will cut opening where the windows and door go. The openings in the tyvek house wrap are cut in an "X" and the "flaps" are wrapped around the sides of the openings and fastened.

Have I memtion that we shopped at Lowes?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm hoping that you have some opinion about this entry. Please let me know by leaving a comment! Thanks.