D I S C L A I M E R

Although I write about products and techniques, I don't receive compensation of any kind from anybody. The products that I write about work for me in my setting as an artist.

Saturday, December 26, 2009

August 27th 2008 - putting a floor on the porch & other "stuff"



I'm beginning to install the "decking" on the studio front porch n the picture on the right. The porc is 4 feet by 8 feet and the decking is the same material we used for our backyard deck. It's all pressure treated to resist water and insect damage. Kind of nasty stuff to be handling, I guess.

The photo on the left shows the partially completed deck being inspected by our dogs - Bella the Miniature Schnauzer, Simon our "small" (63 lbs) boxer and Casey our "big" (93 lbs) boxer. Beyond the backyard deck is The Studio (ta dahhhhhhhh!).

2 comments:

  1. I'm enjoying so much seeing the photos and readinig the process. It's overwhelming at the same time, I can't believe you, Melissa and a couple of friends have made all this, it's incredible!
    And, please pat your dogs for me :) I love dogs!
    Best regards,
    Carolina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carolina. Our dogs suffer greatly - NOT! We have three dogs - two boxers, Casey and Simon - and a miniature schnauzer Bella. Last night Melissa had cooked some chicken for an Asian Salad. Simon reached the counter and ate the chicken while Melissa and I were outside plugging in our Christmas lights. Simon is (for real) in the dog house! :-)

    Thanks for looking at my "other" blog!
    Ken B.

    ReplyDelete

I'm hoping that you have some opinion about this entry. Please let me know by leaving a comment! Thanks.