D I S C L A I M E R

Although I write about products and techniques, I don't receive compensation of any kind from anybody. The products that I write about work for me in my setting as an artist.

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Cherry Blossom painting - 36x35 - drawn on canvas

Cherry Blossom painting - 36x36 - drawn on canvas. The light gray color of the tinted Gesso isn't as blue as this photo would have you believe.  The dark edges are a result of me not aligning the camera to the canvas and sloppy cropping in Corel PaintShop Photo Pro X3.  My fault, not the software! :-)

I created sketches on a few sheets of newsprint paper to indicate the location important  (to me) elements of the painting then used Saral brand white transfer paper from Dick Blick . The Saral transfer paper is available in other colors, but I like the white. These lines aren't absolute locatons, I'll change some things as I make the painting.  

 March 31, 2010 - day 1 of painting -  putting in shapes, colors and etc.


 April 5, 2010 - day 2 of painting - did many things! Played with the water and the area beyond the water, began detailed blossoms and "suggested" blossoms. Drew in "tree parts" - tree trunks, branches and limbs. I want to "fill in" the grasses at the bottom of the painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm hoping that you have some opinion about this entry. Please let me know by leaving a comment! Thanks.