D I S C L A I M E R

Although I write about products and techniques, I don't receive compensation of any kind from anybody. The products that I write about work for me in my setting as an artist.

Friday, April 23, 2010

My "NEW" Porch seat















We had an old futon that we bought when we moved here and before we bought our "real" bed. One day about two years ago, the dogs thought that the futon matress was tasty and carried it out to the yard and destroyed it.

I took the frame apart as far as it would disassemble and "stored" the pieces in and around my studio. Yesterday was the beginning of "clean this @#$%^ studio up" week/day/month and I took out my ever faithful screw driver drill bit, some sheet-rock screws, my power saw an built this, this, uh, ummmm SEAT!.  It doesn't look like very much, but it IS comfortable AND it was (relatively) inexpensive!

Not that I'd say such a thing but it fits the stereotype Arkansas porch theme. All I need is one o them jugs o squeezins! (As IF THAT could happen)

3 comments:

  1. Funny story. With very interesting result. Why not you paint it with oils and sell like a furniture piece of art? Handmade, comfortable, new.
    "Clean this...studio up" bring great results:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Irina. I'm having blogger blues also. I approve comments then they disappear into internet land to come out tomorrow. Maybe.

    Good idea about painting my "furniture"! The major part of my "cleaning" my studio was taking ten (10) paintings to our art show which opens Monday the 3rd. We were supposedly limited to 5 pieces but not enough people chose to participate. So I took 5 more paintings in.

    The birds with the rainbow is GREAT in Uncle Jemal's "Georgia" blog!

    Ken B.

    ReplyDelete
  3. cool chair.. are you gonna put a cushion on it... im in the process of buying some furniture for my art studio in Long Beach CA as well. I like your blog. good stuff. - justin/www.pushgallery.com

    ReplyDelete

I'm hoping that you have some opinion about this entry. Please let me know by leaving a comment! Thanks.