D I S C L A I M E R

Although I write about products and techniques, I don't receive compensation of any kind from anybody. The products that I write about work for me in my setting as an artist.

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Wow, it's COLD-ER!

NW Arkansas is having the coldest temperatures (we're told) in 20 years! This morning the temperature was 6F - -14C - ("feels like" -13F) with a thin coat of ice on everything and anything horizontal. Last night we had a dusting of snow/sleet which has frozen on the ground. Just enough that we really can not go anywhere on a smooth surface. We can walk OK, if we stay in the areas that have grass beneath the snow/ice. With the wind blowing the wind-chill is below zero fahrenheit.

It's supposed to be COLDER this weekend! I need to train our dogs to pull a sled - if only I had a sled for them to pull.

A few pictures of the icing:

Our front sidewalk, our driveway and the street. The gray sidewalk in the lower right is "clear" and dry. The rest of the paved areas is ice-covered.



Our street. Notice the reflection of the stop sign in the icy street. That's "black ice" and not black top.



Our backyard deck covered with a film of ice/snow. I can't get to my studio - yet. I'm hoping that the sun will melt the ice enough. But I don't think that will happen anytime soon with the temperature being 10F.

Melissa, our dogs and I are warm and comfy in our house. Melissa & I are coming down with a BAD case of cabin fever, but I guess we'll play Monopoly or something. Daytime TV doesn't interest either of us - unless MAYBE there's a good movie on one of the cable movie channels. I can wish in one hand and c**p in the other and see which hand is filled first!  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm hoping that you have some opinion about this entry. Please let me know by leaving a comment! Thanks.