D I S C L A I M E R

Although I write about products and techniques, I don't receive compensation of any kind from anybody. The products that I write about work for me in my setting as an artist.

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Snow day - January 3 2010

Last night and today it snowed about 2 inches before noon. The snow is still falling, but not enough to accumulate - much.  The snow is too dry to make a snow ball so I can't make a snow man.  Simon (our small boxer) and Bella (our miniature schnauzer) like to chase any ball and eat ice so they love it when I can make a snowball and roll them across the deck.  Simon is our "putz" dog. He doesn't march to a different drum, he has a whole different orchestra to march to.  Anyway, he loves to run, put on the "brakes" and slide across the deck


Looking South East. The deck WAS cleared off, then more snow! But at least I don't track snow into the studio or into the house.



Looking West. Our "fire element" is the lump of snow in the right corner. Our veggie garden is under the snow just behind the fence and arch.



Our dogs eating snow. From left to right: Simon, Casey and Bella



Our outside5 inch tree ornaments with their snow hats.

Melissa's little pond in her pergola area is frozen solid or almost solid. We put a heat lamp under a cover hoping to thaw it out enough to install a "pond heater". She doesn't want her frog population to freeze. That's about all we have to worry about!  Life is good to us.

 
Melissa's pergolal. The "box" on the left is the covered frozen "froggy" pond.



Through our peek hole in the froggy pond cover.  There's a frog under the heat lamp. The ice is melting! Melissa is happy.  (I'm happy that Melissa is happy.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm hoping that you have some opinion about this entry. Please let me know by leaving a comment! Thanks.