D I S C L A I M E R

Although I write about products and techniques, I don't receive compensation of any kind from anybody. The products that I write about work for me in my setting as an artist.

Monday, January 4, 2010

MORE Snow? Yes! And the temperature outside is C-O-L-D!


The "Lady of Our Veggie Garden" wearing her snow hat.






Melissa's pergola with the tarp-covered "froggie pond"


Our backyard deck and pergola with my studio in the background. You can see one of my stained glass windows through the right-front window!  A happy accident!

It snowed some more last night but this morning dawned brilliantly clear and COLD. Our high today was 28F, -2C.  The temp now 8:30 PM is 14F, -10C.  The TV weather guy says we'll have temps around -2F, -18C around the weekend. I'm going to ignore the cold and pretend that it's warm.

Melissa's "froggie pond" (about 50 gallons) thawed enough by last night so that we could install the "pond warmer".  We checked the pond this morning and the heater seems to do the job!  The heat lamp we used first was 250 watts, the pond heater is "only" 75 watts. 

I had to go to the pharmacy today and getting to the main highway was not bad in our all-wheel drive Subaru. We live about a mile and a half from Highway 62 which was plowed and sanded. Hwy 62 was clear and mostly dry by the time I ventured out. The hardest part was driving with the bight sunshine making a terrible glare off of the snow and wet roads.

2 comments:

  1. This is REAL cold. We do not have snow fall here in pune. Though it looks beautiful, but might be difficult for people over there.

    Color Pencil Drawing: Radhe Krishna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Megha, it IS difficult because if the snow melts when the sun shines it then freezes after sundown & creates very slick ice on the surfaces - roads, walkways and etc. We have a very good all-wheel-drive car so IF we MUST go somewhere we're fairly safe that we won't crash! :-)

    I enjoyed looking at the drawings in your blog.

    Thank you for commenting about my little blog.
    Ken B.

    ReplyDelete

I'm hoping that you have some opinion about this entry. Please let me know by leaving a comment! Thanks.